Thursday, May 31, 2012

Eyeshadow Primer Reviews

Using primers under your makeup, especially eye makeup, is an absolute MUST. A good primer should enhance the colours and longevity of your makeup, and keep it from creasing and smudging.

I've been using Urban Decay Primer Potion for years, but ever since they changer their formula a year or so ago, it hasn't been the same. I remember once I flew to London and my makeup stayed almost flawless throughout the 20+ hour trip... Now I'm lucky if my eyeshadow doesn't crease in 3 hours. I's so oily that most eye makeup will crease immediately and disappear within 5-10 minutes without primer, and I've never ever kept blush on for an entire day before.

Anyway, I've been on the hunt for a new primer! First try was Stila Prime Pot, which I was super hopeful for because it makes your makeup waterproof! AWESOME! However, the colour I tried ( the lighter of the two) was way too dark and pink toned (and I'm not pale-- between a MAC NC25/30). As for as longevity, this barely did better than 3-4 hours before creasing.

I then tried Makeup Forever Eye Prime, which I was extremely excited for! Ive always loved MUFE products, but this wasn't for me. I think it lasted no more than 3 hours. Back to sephora.

The next one I tried is Benefit Stay Don't Stray. I loved the colour (light yellow) and texture (like a creamy foundation) and it went on very smooth. I think it stayed a little better than 4 hours, but honestly, I need something that will at least get me through the entire work day... I'm tired of having to redo my makeup when I'm supposed to be eating! I really wanted to like this product, and I think that if you were not a bonafide oil machine then it'd be fine for you.

The one I've settled on for now is Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. It still barely works over the 5 hour mark, for me but it's the best I've tried so far!

Ohhhh... FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS!

1 comment:

  1. I also have crazy oily skin and I've been using Palladio Herbal Eye Primer for the past few months and I don't have a single complaint! My makeup is golden for at least 8 hours.

    ReplyDelete