Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fashion Gore Photoshoot

This is the last photoshoot I did before I left Seattle, and it could not have been better!

I had this idea for what seemed to be ages, and it turned out absolutely perfect. The photographer Jiamin Zhu was an absolute delight to work with, and I don't think I could have picked a better model than my friend Kay LaRose.

Everyone knows that I'm obsessed with what I call "fashion gore." What is fashion gore? Well, let me first go over what it's not. It's not gross, painful, funny, or meant to make your stomach churn. It's not horror. It's not supposed to be realistic. I want to use something that is usually negative, but make it beautiful. Yes, it may still be a little macabre, but I feel that first and foremost it's supposed to be beautiful.

So my idea was to make "jewelry" out of blood/gore pieces. Eventually I hope to have an entire series of these, with different types of jewelry.





For some contrast, we also did a shot of her as a bride:


And some behind the scenes fun:


Gelatin prosthetics



No comments:

Post a Comment