Sunday, July 29, 2012

Light of my life, fire of my loins

I just had a long and amazing 24 hours! On Friday I went to a lolita meetup and then went clubbing afterwards with one of my childhood best friends! We had a ridiculous night of bouncing from bar to bar and club to club because he didn't have an ID. I'm not sure how we managed to get so sloshed despite that!

Initially I was somewhat worried that I couldn't figure out an outfit that was appropriate for going to a lolita meetup AND clubbing in, but it really wasn't too difficult.. or different from what I normally wear. I'm not a really a lolita, but I do adore lolita style and take heavy inspiration from it! I was also initially worried that I wouldn't fit in since I'm not a real lolita, but all the girls were extremely nice and it was great to hang out with other frilly people!




At the meetup:

This is Shannon, she just got her master's in Chicago! She was super sweet and although you cant see it here, she had on perfect glowing makeup.

Merri was the cutest thing! She brought her boyfriend, who was very sharp and dapper. We accidentally ordered a HUGE amount of lychee shoju, but got it down like pros. 
I'm completely in love with this girl! She looked completely perfect, and there was so much attention to detail in her outfit-- from the perfectly matching colour palette of all her pieces to matching themes such as an antler necklace and her fur muff. The ombre tights also really pulled it together. Everyone I met looked amazing, but I think she was downright flawless. 

6 comments:

  1. Gahhh...I can never commit to full on lolita but I love looking at people who can. So many layers of frou-frou Victorian inspired goodness can never go wrong.

    anni-dot-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I love it but I can't commit to all the guidelines. Especially knee length skirts-- I don't need to look shorter than I already am!

      Delete
  2. Aw, Courtney is ALWAYS flawless. She has all of my envy.

    You look fab, by the way. Bows everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's amazing! And Thank you! Bows are my favourite... You can't see it but I was also wearing a rhinestoned bow necklace! I have SO many bows, and i'm always looking for more!

      Delete
  3. You really look like a pretty doll!

    ReplyDelete