Thursday, November 1, 2012

McQueen-Flukeman Costume

I had the strangest costume for Halloween. I tend to watch TV shows while I package my cosmetics, and my favourite TV show has to be X-files. Don't even get me started on how much I love Mulder (and Scully, too)! Anyway, while re-watching The Host, I couldn't help but notice a slight resemblance between the Flukeman (the monster of the episode) and this outfit from Alexander McQueen's fall 2009 collection:




Okay, okay, so it's a very LOOSE resemblance, but I was still inspired. I ended up wearing an all white outfit, complete with gloves and opaque tights. Definitely pretty weird for someone whose closet is completely black! I painted my face completely white, drew on huge bloody McQueen lips, and wrapped my head in an unmanageable amount of white tulle. By the end of the night my makeup was blotchy and smeared and the tulle had completely fallen and was randomly wrapped around me.

It's so eerie.

I'm actually downright impressed that one person figured out who I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment