Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Wow, 2012 really has been fantastic to me!
With miss Anna Evans
From the fantastical (such as meeting my idol Amanda Lepore or chasing down Anna Wintour in the Met) to the much more mundane but no less delightful (listening to way too much pop music, crying during Mass Effect 3, and reading tons of amazing books (Life of Pi not included)), I'm downright delighted by how 2012 went for me!

I launched my makeup brand, Swagger Cosmetics, to overwhelmingly good reviews. It's really unbelievable to finally do something that I've been afraid to even dream about for so long. I've also been blessed to work with tons of great photographers, models, designers, and event promoters this year. I feel like I was at an amazing party or shoot every week! That and being featured on Beautylish, and the SF Bay Guardian (even on the cover!).

I also got to go on several great vacations, first to NY for almost a month (yeah, I know I'm real lucky!), back to Seattle (twice), and then to finally Vegas! Each trip I was able to reconnect with friends I hadn't seen in a long time, and I can honestly say that I am truly blessed to have the best friends in the world.

What are my goals this year?

  • Be more creative. I realized that I wear a lot of the same makeup looks daily-- a neutral smokey eye, pink/peach blush, and a bright lip. I definitely need to start pushing myself out of my own comfort zones and wear different looks. I also discovered I really love rhinestoning and decoden, so I hope to may more fun trinkets.
  • Cook more --I definitely find myself eating Boca burgers more often than I should. I know that I'm a great cook, but I really like cooking things that are bad for you, so I don't do it all that much. I need to learn to love cooking and eating healthier things.
  • Start wearing my natural hair more. I think out of this last year I've really only worn my real hair out a handful of times. I'm pretty sure since moving to SF only about a handful of people have seen me with my real hair. I'm hoping to grow it out more and lighten the shade.
  • Take more photos! I hope to buy a small DSLR sometime this year so I can better document my life. My point and shoot broke, and my phone is fairly pathetic in capturing photos except in the absolute best lighting situations. We have a nice DSLR too, but it ways more than a newborn so it's unpractical to carry around.


How was 2012 for you? What are you looking forward to this year?

2 comments:

  1. My 2012 was pretty good overall. I'm looking forward to a possible trip to the West Coast or H.K. or at the very least, a nice summer staycation at home.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year as well! West coast or HK? Not exactly on the same part of the globe, haha! If you come to the West Coast be sure to drop by and say hi!

      Delete